To apply to the PhD program, all applicants must complete the application electronically and submit it online.
Please download and print the instructions and follow along as you complete the online application. Completing the application correctly greatly reduces delays in processing, and it ensures that the fields in our database are accurately populated.
For more information about admission requirements, view our Admissions requirement page or the Frequently Asked Questions page. For other questions, contact Brian Deutsch, our Graduate Program Administrator.
Here is a brief list of items that you will need for your application:
- Application fee of $50, which can be paid by check or credit card
- GRE scores from the Educational Testing Service
- TOEFL scores from the Educational Testing Service (or IELTS scores) if you are an international student whose native language is not English
- Transcripts from all colleges/institutions you have attended
- Three letters of recommendation from evaluators who can address your potential for success in a graduate program in economics
- A career statement that addresses your intellectual and professional goals, in 500 words or fewer.