Requirements for a BA in Economics
In addition to the School of Arts and Sciences requirements for a BA, an economics major must complete the following:
- 28 credits in economics courses:
- Econ 0100 and Econ 0110 (6 credits), with a grade of C or better. Note that students who take Econ 0120 in place of Econ 0100 and Econ 0110 must take an additional economics elective in order to meet the 27-credit requirement.
- Econ 1100 and Econ 1110 (6 credits), with a grade C or better. Note that Math 0120 or 0220 is a prerequisite for Econ 1100 and Econ 1110.
- Three additional 1000-level courses (9 credits), two of which require either Econ 1100 or 1110 as a prerequisite.
- Two other economics electives (6 credits). Note that courses numbered in the 0800 series do not meet this requirement.
- Economics 0900 (1 credit)
- Corequisites (8 credits)
- Math 0120 or 0220 with a grade of C or better. Note that Math 0120 or 0220 is a prerequisite for Econ 1100 and Econ 1110.
- Your choice of Stat 0200, Stat 1000, or Stat 1100.
- 12 credits in a related field approved by the undergraduate major advisor.
- QPA in economics courses of 2.0 or better. All courses required for the major must be taken for a letter grade except Econ 0900.
- One "W" (writing) course in economics.
- Only three credits for economics 1901-1903 may be applied toward the 27 required credits for the major.