Requirements for a BS in Economics-Statistics
In addition to the requirements for a BS from the College of Arts and Sciences, an economics major must complete the following:
- 27 credits in economics courses:
- Econ 0100 and Econ 0110 (6 credits), with a grade of C or better. Note that students who take Econ 0120 in place of Econ 0100 and Econ 0110 must take an additional economics elective in order to meet the 27-credit requirement.
- Econ 1100 and Econ 1110 (6 credits), with a grade of C or better. Note that Math 0120 or 0220 is a prerequisite for Econ 1100 and Econ 1110.
- Econ 1150 (3 credits).
- Econ 1200 (3 credits).
- One other 1000-level economics elective (3 credits) which requires either Econ 1100 or Econ 1110 as a prerequisite.
- One other 3-credit economics elective. Note that courses numbered in the 0800 series do not meet this requirement.
- 26 credits in statistics courses:
- Stat 1000 (4 credits).
- Stat 1221 and Stat 1223 W-practicum (4 credits).
- Stat 1151 and Stat 1152 (6 credits).
- Four elective statistics courses (12 credits).
- 1200-level or above, one of which must be from the 1600-level or above, excluding internships and directed studies. Students who plan to study statistics at the graduate level are strongly encouraged to take Stat 1632.
- 12 credits in mathematics courses:
- Math 0220, Math 0230, and Math 0240 (12 credits).
- Students are strongly encouraged to take a course in linear algebra such as Math 0280, Math 1180, or Math 1185.
- QPA in all courses required for the major of 2.0 or better. No course required for the major may be taken using the S/N option.
- Only three credits for Economics 1901-1903 may be applied toward the 24 required credits in economics.