In addition to the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences requirements for a BA, an economics major must complete the following requirements:
Major declared 09/2014 - 08/31/2018
Major declared after 08/31/2018
1 C or better
1 C or better
- 28 credits in economics courses:
- Econ 0100 and Econ 0110 (6 credits), with a grade of C or better. Note that students who take Econ 0120 in place of Econ 0100 and Econ 0110 must take an additional economics elective in order to meet the 27-credit requirement.
- Econ 1100 and Econ 1110 (6 credits), with a grade C or better. Note that Math 0120 or 0220 is a prerequisite for Econ 1100 and Econ 1110.
- Your choice of Econ 1150 or Econ 1180 (3 credits).
- Two other 1000-level Economics electives (6 credits) which require either Econ 1100 or Econ 1110 as a prerequisite.
- Two other economics electives (6 credits). Note that courses numbered in the 0800 series do not meet this requirement.
- Econ 0900 (1 credit).
- Corequisites (12 credits)
- Math 0220 with a grade of C or better and Math 0230. Note that Math 0220 is a prerequisite for Econ 1100 and Econ 1110.
- Your choice of Stat 1000 or Stat 1100.
- 12 credits in a related field approved by the undergraduate major advisor.
- QPA in Economics courses of 2.0 or better. All courses required for the major must be taken for a letter grade except Econ 0900.
- One "W" (writing) course in economics.
- Only three credits for Economics 1901-1903 may be applied toward the 24 required credits for the major.
Requirements Checklist for BS (pdf) (Majors declared between September 2014 and August 31, 2018)
Requirements Checklist for BS (PDF) (Majors declared after August 31, 2018)