- PhD handbook
The PhD program handbook is your first stop for questions about rules and regulations.
- Academic Forms
- PCHE Cross-Registration Form
- Independent Study Agreement Form
- Grade Option Request Form
- Late Add/Drop Form
- Transfer Credit Form
- Field Requirements Form
- Application for Admission to Candidacy Form
- Overview/Defense Meeting Attendance Certification Form
- Application for Permission to Write a Dissertation in a Language Other than English Form
- Request for a Change in Doctoral Dissertation Committee Form
- Defense Remote Participation Request Form
- ETD Form
- Financial Assistance
- The Dietrich School of Arts & Sciences has information about additional forms of funding available for conference attendance, travel, research, and more
We maintain a list of seminars in our department here, while the Pittsburgh Social Sciences Seminar Tracker shares news about presentations at Carnegie Mellon University as well, in addition to seminars in related fields.
- International Students
The Office of International Services (OIS) provides immigration-related services for international visitors, students, faculty, researchers, and staff at the University of Pittsburgh. In addition to helping new international students transition into their academic life at Pitt through My OIS, the office offers a variety of helpful Fact Sheets that cover a variety of information including obtaining a social security number (SSN), enrolling your child in school, off campus housing, visa renewal document checklist, and much more!
The University provides all students with a computer account that gives students access to Pitt's considerable computing services, including software downloading.
Furthermore, graduate students in the economics department have access to their own computing laboratory, with software such as E-Views, Gauss, Matlab, Scientific Workplace, SAS, Stata, Systat, and TSP, among others. The department also has an internationally recognized computer lab for research in experimental economics.
Pitt's University Library System provides world-class resources for a broad range of research interests. The system's digital library offers online access to journal articles and other electronic resources.
Recreation and Leisure
- Arts and Culture
Pitt students can buy discounted tickets to enjoy Pittsburgh's many cultural venues.
- On-Campus Recreation
Check out the Campus Recreation division of Student Affairs for information on fitness facilities, club sports, intramurals, and more.